Practicing with eatable type

Following the previous post about building letters, we must all create a piece of type (same character and typeface as other project) to be destroyed. I tried making my 's' out of salt crystals which would then be destroyed by being dissolved, however, this has not worked out.

Instead, I am going to try feeding my typography to a rabbit. This time made out of apple. I began experimenting last night (see photo above), however the apple was a bit soft. So, today I purchased much firmer apples. Tesco Crunchy Granny Smiths to be precise. Tomorrow I'm going to Marylebone to borrow by friend's flatmate's rabbit so hopefully the results will be successful.

I also tried cutting papyrus out of some stale ciabatta I had. Not quite such a good result.

No comments:

Post a Comment